Insufficient security in information processing causes millions in damages every year. The reasons for this are manifold: external troubles, technical errors, espionage, or information misuse.
Identify Corporate Risks
In order to implement effective measures, though, you first need to identify the challenges involved.
The objective of an information security management system (ISMS) according to ISO 27001 is to identify corporate risks, to analyze them and to use suitable measures to make them controllable.
In its structure, international standard ISO 27001 is aligned with the PDCA cycle of Plan-Do-Check-Act, an approach well known from ISO 9001. Integrating ISMS into an existing management system can therefore be done easily.
Benefits for your organization
ISO 27001 specifies the systematic structure of a process-oriented management system for information security. It also specifies the requirements for such a system. This comprehensive approach offers many decisive advantages:
- Increased security awareness among employees and managers
- Safeguarding of the security objectives confidentiality, availability, integrity, authenticity, and reliability of information
- Contribution to safe guarding business continuity
- Legal certainty through systematic adherence to relevant laws on information security and data protection
- Reduced risk of management liability
- Cost savings through security incidents avoided